Guest Service / Concierge Position Job Description
We are finished hiring for the 2023/24 season, but if you are interested in working with us for the 2024/25 season, please feel free to contact us.
At least one team member must be fluent in Japanese and one in Chinese. Looking for 4 or 5 team members in total.
A brief description of what you would be doing on a day-to-day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
- Collect each guest from the bus or train drop-off point and transfer them to their accommodation. (valid International driving permit or Japanese driving license required)
- Transport the guests around the resort as required (valid international driving permit or Japanese driving license required).
- Checking all the facilities provided to the guest is present and correct.
- Checking the utilities within the accommodation operate as they should and are set correctly.
- Taking any luggage that the guest has sent forward to their accommodation.
- Running the guest through the in-room check-in.
- Answering any questions the guest may have.
Performing other tasks that facilitate the running of the day, including but not limited to:
- Collect lift passes on behalf of the guests.
- Clearing snow from vehicles.
- Various office duties, including replying to guests' emails and taking phone calls when necessary.
Pay Rate: ¥1,200 per hour.
Employment Period: December 2023 to March 2024. If you are already in Japan and need a place to stay, you can start early as we have a few things you can do.
We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for us.
Hours are generally five days per week, around 20 ~ 40 hours per week. This is likely to be higher during peak season, including some weeks when you may be required to work six days per week and a little quieter during the start and end of the season.
- Free accommodation with a private room and a shared kitchen. (utilities included) The staff house is located in Echoland, which is a top location.
- Free groceries or food stipend; however, you do your own cooking. You will find that most other employers do not provide this.
- Free Hakuba Valley Lift Pass. (Most other employers will only give you a locate resort pass)
- Free ski/snowboard lessons (availability dependent).
- Free health insurance (Japanese National Health Insurance).
- Free use of a company vehicle when available.
- Free data SIM.