Choose from one of four ways to get to Hakuba from Haneda. It's a lot of switching; however, we recommend the train route unless your times match up with one of the buses.
Haneda to Hakuba Express Train + Local Train + Bullet Train + Bus
Lots of transfers, but it isn't too hard if you don't have lots of luggage and kids in tow—estimated time and cost: 3.5 hours, ¥10,170.
- Once you clear customs, check with Jorudan or Google Maps for the best route and times and proceed to the train station at Haneda.
- Take the Keikyu Airport Limited Express to Shinagawa Station and switch to the Yamanote Line going towards Tokyo Station. Alternatively, you can skip this step by taking a taxi from Haneda to Tokyo Station.
- At Tokyo Station, buy a ticket on the Shinkansen to Nagano Station.
- From Nagano Station, you can either take the bus or a chartered taxi (please see Nagano to Hakuba)
Bus from Haneda to Hakuba
All direct buses from Haneda to Hakuba are cancelled for the 2021/22 season due to COVID-19.
If your flight time matches up with a bus departure, the Nagano Snow Shuttle is a convenient and cheaper alternative to get to Hakuba. Alpico Bus and its sister company Keikyu also have two daily buses that leave at 7:40 and 11:40.
Estimated time and cost: 4 to 5 hours, adult: ¥9500, children aged 12 and under: ¥7,000, children aged 3 and under: free with no assigned seat.
|JamJam||YCAT||22:35||6:30||Hakuba Bus Terminal||¥4,000~||¥4,000~|
Haneda to Hakuba Taxi
Chuo Taxi is the most hassle-free way to get to Hakuba from the airport. A Toyota HiAce van meets your party at the airport and transfers you to the front door of your Hakuba accommodation. Estimated time and cost: 4 to 5 hours, ¥115,400~ for a chartered jumbo taxi.
- The taxi is chartered for groups of 7 adults, meaning your taxi is private and there is no waiting for other passengers.
- Groups smaller than 7 adults can secure a chartered taxi by paying the rate for 7 adults, thus ensuring that you do not need to wait for any other parties. Only Chuo Taxi offers the shared taxi at ¥16,200 for adults, ¥8,000 for children 12 and under and ¥4,000 for children 6 and under. (WE DO NOT RECOMMEND BOOKING THE SHARED TAXI, AS IT CAN SOMETIMES TAKE 8 HOURS DUE TO WAITING ON OTHER GUESTS)
|Company||Up to 7 Passengers|
Haneda to Hakuba Private Bus
Hiring a chartered bus that goes door to door may be the way to go for larger groups. As it is private, you won't miss your transfer if your flight is delayed and it takes you directly to your accommodation in Hakuba. Please be aware that the capacity of the bus is dependant on how much luggage your group has. You can book the Veltra Bus online here, and with the Alpico Bus, you can request a booking here.
|Company||Journey From||Up to 21 Passengers||Up to 27 Passengers||Up to 60 Passengers|
Car Rental from Haneda to Hakuba
Rent a car at Haneda and drive to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 3 h 20 min, price depends on car size, but a Toyota Noah will run you around ¥20,500 per day from Toyota Rent a Car. Tolls are approximately ¥6,880 if you use the toll road.
Please remember that if you are coming to Hakuba in the wintertime, you will need to reserve 4WD winter tyres as a special option with availability depending on the pick-up location.