Choose from one of four ways to get to Hakuba from Haneda. It's a lot of switching, however we recommend train route unless your times match up with one of the buses.
Express Train + Local Train + Shinkansen + Bus
Lots of transfers, but it isn't too hard if you don't have lots of luggage and kids in tow. Estimated time and cost: 3.5 hours, ¥10,410.
- Go to the train station at Haneda and take the Keikyu Airport Limited Express to Shinagawa Station and switch to the Yamanote Line going towards Tokyo Station.
- At Tokyo Station buy a ticket on the Shinkansen to Nagano Station.
- From Nagano Station, you can either take the bus or a chartered taxi (please see Nagano to Hakuba)
Shared or Chartered Taxi
Chuo Taxi is the most hassle-free way to getting to Hakuba from the airport, with a Toyota HiAce van meeting your party at the airport and transferring you to the front door of your Hakuba accommodation. Estimated time and cost: 4 to 5 hours, ¥90,300 for a chartered jumbo taxi.
- For groups of 7 adults or more, the taxi is chartered, meaning your taxi is private and there is no waiting for other passengers.
- Groups smaller than 7 adults can secure a chartered taxi by paying the rate for 7 adults, thus ensuring that you do not need to wait for any other parties. Only Chuo Taxi offers the shared taxi at a rate of ¥12,900 for adults, ¥9,100 for children 12 and under and ¥3800 for children 6 and under.
|Company||Up to 7 Passengers|
If your flight time matches up with a bus departure, the Nagano Snow Shuttle is a convenient and cheaper alternative way to get to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 4 to 5 hours, adult: ¥9500, children aged 12 and under: ¥8500, children aged 3 and under: free with no assigned seat. Alpico Bus and its sister company Keikyu also have two daily buses that leave at 7:40 and 11:40.
|Nagano Snow Shuttle||Hanada International||7:30||12:45||Hakuba Base Camp||¥9,500||¥8,500|
|Keikyu||Hanada International||7:40||13:10||Happo Bus Terminal||¥9,000||¥7,000|
|Alpico||Hanada International||11:40||17:20||Happo Bus Terminal||¥9,000||¥7,000|
Rent a car at Haneda and drive to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 3 h 20 min, price depends on car size, but a Toyota Noah will run you around ¥18,000 per day from Toyota Rent a Car. Tolls are approximately ¥6,880 if you use the toll road.
Please remember that if you are coming to Hakuba in the winter time that you will need to reserve winter tyres as a special option with availability depending on the pick-up location.