Choose from one of several different ways to get to Hakuba from Narita. We recommend one of the charted taxi services as the best way to get to Hakuba this winter season.
Chartered Taxi from Narita to Hakuba
Several taxi companies now offer a chartered taxi service from Narita to Hakuba, with a private van meeting your party at the airport and transferring you to the front door of your Hakuba accommodation. Estimated time and cost: 5 hours, ¥90,000~ for the chartered taxi.
- The taxi is chartered for groups of 5 to 9 adults, meaning your taxi is private, and there is no waiting for other passengers.
- The price per person is roughly the same as the train or bus without the hassle of waiting or missing your transfer and carrying your luggage.
|Company||Estimated Fare||Number of passengers|
|Soushin Taxi||¥87,000||Up to 5|
|Nagano Luxury Taxi||¥108,000||Up to 5|
|Kinoko Taxi||¥118,000||Up to 9|
|Chuo Taxi||¥122,400||Up to 7|
|Alpico Taxi||¥168,700||Up to 7|
Express train + Bullet Train + Bus from Narita to Hakuba
The fastest way to reach Hakuba from Narita is to take the Keisei Skyliner express train from Narita to Ueno (41 mins). At Ueno, switch to the Shinkansen to Nagano Station and take the bus to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 4 hours, cost ¥12,260.
- Once you clear customs, check with Jorudan or Google Maps for the best route and times and proceed to the Skyliner ticket desk outside customs.
- You can only purchase a Skyliner ticket to Ueno at the Skyliner desk as they are not part of the Japan Railway Group, so you will need to buy your bullet train ticket in Ueno.
- If you want a chance to get a better seat on the bullet train to Nagano, you can take the Narita Express from Narita to Tokyo Station, the starting point for the bullet train to Nagano. The drawback is that it takes longer, and Tokyo Station is busier than Ueno Station.
- Once you arrive at Ueno, follow the signs pointing to the JR Station, where you can purchase your shinkansen tickets and board the train bound for Nagano Station. Look for the JR EAST Travel Service Center in front of the bullet train gates on the left-hand side.
- You can take the bus or a chartered taxi from Nagano Station. (please see - Nagano to Hakuba)
Bus from Narita to Hakuba
If your flight time matches a bus departure, the Nagano Snow Shuttle is a convenient alternative to get to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 6 to 7 hours, all passengers: ¥10,800, children aged 3 and under: free with no assigned seat.
|Nagano Snow Shuttle||Narita Terminal 2||09:30||15:30||Hakuba Base Camp||¥10,800||¥10,800|
|Nagano Snow Shuttle||Narita Terminal 2||20:30||1:30||Hakuba Base Camp||¥12,000||¥12,000|
Private Bus from Narita to Hakuba
Hiring a chartered bus that goes door to door may be the way to go for larger groups. As it is private, you won't miss your transfer if your flight is delayed, and it takes you directly to your accommodation in Hakuba. Please be aware that the bus's capacity depends on how much luggage your group has.
|Company||Journey From||Up to 21 Passengers||Up to 27 Passengers||Up to 60 Passengers|
Car Rental from Narita to Hakuba
Rent a car at Narita and drive to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 4 hours, the cost depends on car size, but a Toyota Noah will run you around ¥102,816 per week from Samurai Rental Car. Much cheaper than public transportation and gives you the flexibility to come and go as you please.
Also, with Samurai Rental, snow tires, GPS, child seats, insurance and no refill on the return are included in the rates! And for now, they have a 10% discount code - ZA13012517.
We try our best to keep this information up to date, but if you see something wrong, please let us know. Thank you.