Choose from one of three ways to get to Hakuba from Nagano. If you know your arrival time at Nagano Station, we recommend the chartered taxi for larger groups, as it will save you around 30 mins and take you to your accommodation directly. For smaller groups, the bus from Nagano to Hakuba is best.
This is how the majority of travellers get to Hakuba from Nagano Station. Estimated time and cost: 1 hour, ¥1800 for adults, ¥900 for children aged 6 to 11 with children 5 and younger free if they do not use a seat.
- From the east exit of Nagano Station, take the elevator on the left down to the ground floor, then buy your tickets from the shop closest to the elevator (they only accept cash) and go to bus stop #26. Here you will find the Alpico bus bound for Hakuba destinations leaving roughly every hour from 8:25 to 22:00. (Please see bus schedule below)
- Please remember that the last departing bus to Hakuba from Nagano Station is at 22:00 in the winter.
- You cannot reserve the bus, and usually, if the bus is full, they can put another one into service on short notice.
- It is best to get off the bus at the Happo Bus Terminal (also called the Happo Information Centre) as this bus stop is centrally located, has an English speaking help desk, international ATM, free Wifi, coffee shop, bathrooms and indoor waiting area.
Nagano to Hakuba Bus Winter Timetable 2018/19
|Happo Bus Terminal||9:40||10:25||11:00||11:35||12:15||12:45||13:45||14:45||15:35||16:25||17:25||18:25||19:25||20:25||21:55||23:15|
Hakuba to Nagano Bus Winter Timetable 2018/19
|Happo Bus Terminal||6:30||8:20||9:20||10:20||11:15||12:05||13:15||13:45||14:45||15:35||16:25||17:15||17:55||18:40|
There are four different companies offering a chartered jumbo taxi service from Nagano Station. Please be aware that to book this service, you must know your exact bullet train arrival time. Otherwise, they will not take your booking. Estimated time and cost: 1 hour, ¥16,620.
- To reserve this service, you must know your exact arrival time at Nagano Station.
- It is recommended that you reserve this service in advance - especially around the holidays.
|Company||Up to 7 Passengers||Payment||Phone|
|Alpico Taxi||¥26,420||Credit Card or Cash||+81 26 283 8800|
|Chuo Taxi||¥16,620||Credit Card or Cash||+81 26 282 7777|
|Nagano Kanko Taxi||¥15,210||Cash Only||+81 26 222 1234|
|Sakura Kanko Taxi||¥19,500||Credit Card or Cash||+81 26 243 3663|
Rent a car at Nagano Station and drive to Hakuba. Estimated time and cost: 1 hour, cost depends on car size, but a Toyota Noah will run you around ¥18,000 per day from Toyota Rent a Car.
Please remember that if you are coming to Hakuba in the winter time that you will need to reserve winter tyres as a special option with availability depending on the pick-up location.